IPwe is committed to fostering innovation by helping patent owners generate revenue and lower costs of patent ownership. With annual sales and licenses of patents estimated at more than $180 billion, only 2% of all patents are involved in those transactions.
IPwe intends to unleash the value in the other 98%
Patents are difficult to monetize: as an asset class, they are highly illiquid.
There’s a lot of “friction” in trying to conduct transactions with patents.
It can be hard to get information on patent ownership. There’s no public record of most patent transactions. Determining the value or strength of patents is difficult and uncertain. Selling and licensing patents can take months and cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees.
IPwe created the first SINGLE platform for the world’s patent ecosystem, connecting buyers and sellers of patents and patent-related services, ultimately creating a tradable asset.
We’ve transformed the patent world by putting every patent into a single database, while capturing as many patent transactions as possible, making it easier to:
- find patents from any patent office in the world
- determine who owns a patent
- identify what a patent covers
By linking the database to our patent analytic platform, Zuse, IPwe will make it much easier to
- estimate a patent’s worth
- estimate a patent’s likely strength/validity
Using Hyperledger Fabric, we make it much easier to
- buy, sell, and license patents
- use patents in novel ways – so they are treated as the assets they are
Results are expected to include:
- faster, easier, and cheaper patent transactions
- new types of patent transactions
- more funding for innovation via increased patent sales and licensing, new ways of securing financing
- enhanced revenue for patent owners
- accelerated innovation, capitalizing on inventions now locked away in obscure patents
IPwe has assembled a world-class team of patent experts and technologists who will change the way patents are used on a global basis.